|Member Engagement Rep/Facility Supervisor with $250 Bonus!*|
|$14.00-$16.00 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• Previous customer service, sales or related experience, preferred
• High-level multi-tasking, problem solving, and initiative a must
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you! The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
• Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Basic knowledge of computers
• First Aid, CPR PRO, AED and Child Abuse Prevention required within 30 days of hire
• Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions
Deliver excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Respond to member and guest needs, promote memberships and programs, and maintain cleanliness and organization of the lobby area. Provide quality service to our diverse members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures. Educate and enforce proper strength training principles and weight room guidelines to members.
• Provide excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member retention
• Interview prospective members; sell memberships
• Build relationships with members; help members connect with one another and to the YMCA
• Handle and resolve membership concerns and inform supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues
• Apply all YMCA policies dealing with member services
• Hand out and launder towels, monitor the locker rooms and adhere to other safety guidelines as required
• Completion of YMCA specific training/certifications as directed
• Conduct energizing, fun, culturally sensitive, and educational orientation for participants
• Current knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members
• Keep accurate attendance records
• Follow YMCA policies, practices and procedures; respond to emergency situations
• Other duties as needed
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
*$250 Bonus paid if start work prior to September 30 and once you work 90+ days
425 312 6973
Apply online via link below.Apply Now