|Member Engagement Coordinator with $250 Bonus!*|
|$15.50-$17.50 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Tuesday-Saturday availability; 40 hours per week|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• First Aid, CPRPRO, AED, O2 and Child Abuse Prevention required within 30 days of hire
• Previous customer service, sales, membership sales or related experience
• Excellent customer service skills
• Experience with or the ability to learn and use the membership & program registration platform
• Ability to provide excellent tours to perspective members
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• One year or more previous supervisory experience in customer service with inside sales experience a plus
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you! The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
• Strong computer skills and experience with standard business software
• Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in second language desired
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Direct Welcome Center for the branch including recruitment and sales of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff. Implement branch promotions and procedures to achieve annual operating plan goals and targets. Working Welcome Center frontline as needed, creating a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Develop and implement inclusive membership strategies to promote engagement of new members and retention of existing members
• Comprehensive knowledge of sales cycle (introduction/probing/close)
• Coordinate staffing strategy for meeting (or exceeding) monthly sales goal targets
• Coach assigned staff to support membership engagement and retention goals
• Identify, de-escalate and resolve all situations to ensure high member satisfaction
• Respond to emergency situations
• Conduct ongoing assessment of staff processes and procedures to determine required core competencies and skills; design and implement training as needed to improve efficiency and member engagement
• Promote a diverse workforce; recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct personnel and volunteers as needed
• Review and evaluate staff performance, develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve daily, monthly and annual goals
• Promote program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members
• Coordinate program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration
• Coordinate with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments; provide ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues
• May organize events and/or represent the YMCA at community events
• Ensure proper implementation of Welcome Center policies, practices and procedures
• Review, update, and relay branch information to staff
• Coordinate with the business office as necessary on financial transactions
• Participate in and may lead staff meetings, provide appropriate support to volunteer and staff committees
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
*$250 Bonus paid if start work prior to September 30 and once you work 90+ days.
425 312 6973
Apply online via link below.