|Masters Swim Team Coach|
|$15.55-$17.49 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday mornings plus swim meets; approx 5 hours per week|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 21
• Current First Aid, CPRPRO, AED and O2 certifications
• American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training or equivalent
• Minimum one year of coaching swimming experience
• Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques
• Demonstrated knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner
• Fluency in second language preferred
• Ability to exercise sensitivity in working with individuals of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, cognitive and physical abilities as well as individuals of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• US Master’s Coach Certification preferred.
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you! The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
• Must be able to remain alert
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods
• Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals
• Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations
Provides competitive swimming instructions to Master’s programs. Organizes and conducts team workouts. Oversees basic administration of the swim team. May supervise other coaches as assigned. Acts as a liaison and champion for the YMCA.
• Organizes and administers all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices, recruiting, record keeping and scheduling
• Develops positive relationships with team members and provides motivational support and guidance
• Increases team member awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors and YMCA values
• May supervise assistant coaches
• Recruits prospective members and provides information about YMCA membership and swim team fee structure
• Attends staff meetings and trainings as required
• Follow all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures, complete incident and accident reports as necessary
• Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon with supervisor
• Accountable for discipline and conduct of team members
• Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers
• Conveys basic knowledge of all program areas to members and participants and as appropriate refers members to appropriate staff member
• Compile program statistics
• Monitor and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program
• Completion of YMCA specific training/certification as directed
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
· Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
· Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
· Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
· Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE individual YMCA membership (up to a value of $68/month) for all staff; and free upgraded family or couples membership after 2 years of continuous employment.
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
360 572 3405
Apply online via link below.Apply Now