|KidZone - Family Assistant|
|Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA|
|$14.49-$15.25 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday and Thursday Evenings (8-16 hours per week)|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 16
• Plan and initiate culturally relevant and age appropriate games and activities
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you!
The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Provide direct supervision of a group of diverse children. Provide a quality, safe, positive and inclusive experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
• Supervise a group of children to ensure their health, safety and to provide a positive experience for each child
• Implement program activities that are age and developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Professionally engages with parents/guardians to provide pertinent information about their child’s experience and to promote upcoming programs
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Embrace Leader Core Competencies:
• Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs
• Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions
• Builds rapport and relates well to others
• Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view and remains calm in challenging situations
• Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively
• Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family membership for everyone in your household!
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
• Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
360 804 2172
Apply online via link below.Apply Now