|Kids University Assistant|
|$13.50-$14.25 per hour DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday; Hours will vary based on program. Must be available for shifts between 6:30am-6:00 pm.|
Education & Experience
Provide direct supervision of a group of children in a safe, enjoyable, positive and inclusive environment.
• Minimum age 18
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by Dept of Children, Youth, & Families (DCYF)
• Provide document of all certification and training requirements established by DCYF, including position prerequisites, current negative TB test, and portable background check
• Fluency in second language desired
• Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of indoor/outdoor settings
• Be a positive role model to children and staff in your attitude and actions.
• Actively supervise all children and activities within the program area
• Implement daily lesson and activity plans
• Comply with state and local regulations as well as YMCA standards and procedures
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Attend and participate in family events, program activities, and staff meetings as directed
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Maintain positive relations with participants, parents and other staff
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
360 572 3399
Submit application via link below.
No phone calls, please.