|Gift Processing Specialist|
• Two or more years’ experience in data processing.
• Cash handling experience and knowledge of basic accounting practices.
• Proficiency in using database systems and thorough knowledge of Windows-based computer software.
• Strict code of ethics and confidentiality.
• Ability to audit work for accuracy and quality.
• Be able to work independently; have excellent organizational, time management and decision making skills; and the flexibility to change priorities, as required, to meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including positive interaction with staff and community leaders.
• Be able to speak, write, and understand English clearly and concisely; and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Satisfactory credit background check is required due to access to bank information, payment processing and position of trust.
• Excellent attention to details.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge software preferred.
• Process donations: daily entry, proofing, balancing, adjusting, and reporting to ensure clear representation of donor intentions. Contacting donors as appropriate.
• Provide exceptional customer service to volunteers, corporations, donors, members, participants, branches, and internal departments through verbal and written communications.
• Maintain files and database, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
• Communicate to constituents and branches of upcoming changes in billing or procedure.
• Send acknowledgement letters and tax receipts for donations. Ensure all donors receive timely and appropriate recognition for their gifts.
• Track outstanding pledges, produce and distribute pledge reminder statements.
• Run gift detail reports to share with appropriate team members and departments.
• Perform tasks and generate queries to support database integrity for data analysis.
• Process database change requests.
• Accounts receivable reports and providing record keeping tools to branches.
• Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times.
• Provide back-up support as needed for administrative duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA.
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines.
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system.
425 374 5769
Email your cover letter, resume, and completed employment application to:
Manager, Donor Services