|Floor Care Technician with $250 Bonus!*|
|$15.55-$17.49 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Open until Filled|
Education & Experience
• One year or more of related experience as a Janitor, custodian or floorcare cleaning preferred
• Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents and ability to follow instructions and directions from supervisor and other maintenance department leadership
• Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment, such as floor buffers, vacuums, etc.
• Knowledge of the upkeep and care of cleaning equipment, proper handling of cleaning tools
• Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
• Basic computer skills required
• Work and relate effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions
• Fluency in second language preferred
• Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties
• Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 32 feet
• Ability to work with cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms
• Ability to clean equipment and operate motorized equipment as needed
• Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust
• Ability to perform essential maintenance to equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi- to full-reaching overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back
Perform all duties necessary to ensure the facility floors surfaces are consistently in a clean, safe and orderly condition. Duties include but are not limited to deep cleaning and sanitizing of all floor surfaces, including shampooing of rugs & carpeting, all resilient floor tile, all ceramic floor tile, all rubber flooring and all other flooring surfaces throughout each YMCA branch within Snohomish County. Duties may also include routine maintenance activities on equipment in use under the care of this position, notifying management of need for major repairs on such equipment in use under the care of this equipment all in a timely manner, and occasionally taking part of snow removal from each property if needed.
• Completes all duties listed on the daily schedule
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them
• Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors
• Steam-clean or shampoo carpets
• Clean and shampoo cloth furniture
• Assist in washing and scrubbing of pool deck, pool bottoms, tiled entryways, restrooms, or all other tiled wall or floor surfaces to ensure tile and grout is keep clean
• Follow procedures for the safe use of chemical cleaners and there mixing specifications
• Follow procedures for the safe use and handling of power equipment
• Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems
• Remove snow from sidewalks and parking areas using snow blowers, shovels and chemicals
• Record and report all needed repairs; repair as directed
• Ensure YMCA building and property is secure during shift
• Report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor
• Other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
* $250 Bonus paid if you start work before January 31 and work 90+ days with us.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
425 374 5757
Apply online via link below.Apply Now