|Executive Director of Youth Leadership|
|Association Office, Big Brothers Big Sisters|
|Youth & Teen|
|$70,720-$80,000 per year/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Full-time, exempt, Monday through Friday|
|1/21/2022; preferred start date of March 1, 2022|
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent
• Six or more years of management experience
• Nonprofit management experience, preferred
• Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
• Commitment to improving the lives of local youth.
• Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development
• Strong personal organization skills
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations
• Fluency in second language desired
The YMCA of Snohomish County is looking for an innovative, energetic and inspiring seasoned executive leader to drive and grow our work across Snohomish County in world class mentoring programs and youth/teen leadership development. The executive will have direct oversight of the Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring program operations and lead the advancement of YMCA youth leadership programs such as Youth and Government, My Achievers and Leaders Club programs etc. Responsibilities include board development and leadership, budget development and management, program growth, marketing, facilities, volunteer and staff development, financial development, community relations and collaborations with community agencies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include the:
1. Direct oversight and Leadership of Big Brothers Big Sisters Program
2. Leadership of Youth/Teen Leadership Advancement for the YMCA of Snohomish County
• Coordinates the development of the Youth Leadership advisory board and committees
• Identify local and national trends and best practices that may affect program implementation and/or program base
• Directs the volunteer activities (policy and program) of BBBS and youth leadership programs
• Directs the fundraising activities of the youth leadership and BBBS programs
• Represents and promotes the YMCA/BBBS in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities
• Develops, maintains, and models collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area
• Promote a diverse workforce; oversees the hiring, training, development and supervision of staff
• Develops, manages, and monitors operating budget and meet or exceeds budget targets
• Directs strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating plan.
• Develops and directs high quality relationship-based member engagement strategies
• Models relationship-building skills in all interactions with our diverse staff, volunteers, members, and the community
• Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member/community-focused programs which support the BBBS and YMCA mission, goals, and strategies for growth and impact.
• Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment
• Directs marketing and communication efforts to effectively communicate BBBS and youth leadership program benefit to the community.
• Serves as a member of YMCA executive management team and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA and BBBS of Snohomish County
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Embrace Multi-Team Leader Core Competencies
• Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community
• Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the Ys efforts for all stakeholders
• Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels
• Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors
• Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community
• Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y
• Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance the Y’s mission and goals
• Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals
• Provides tools and resources for the development of others
• Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions
• Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities
• Ensures execution of plans
• Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies, and financial controls
• Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement
• Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches
• Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change
• Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Submit application online via link below.
Next, email Cover Letter, Resume, & three professional references to:
Regional Executive Director
with "Executive Director of Youth Leadership" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.