|ECE Program Coordinator with $250 Bonus!*|
|Heatherwood Early Child Center|
|$23.00-$25.75 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 21
• Minimum ECE State Certificate, ECE AA preferred.
• One or more years’ related experience supervising staff and managing child care programs
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by Department of Child Youth and Families
• Provide document of all certification and training requirements established by DCYF, including position prerequisites, current negative TB test, COVID-19 vaccination*, MMR vaccination or proof of immunity and portable background check
• Plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Basic computer/typing skills and demonstrated ability to utilize standard office software
• Fluency in second language desired
• Knowledge of Early Achievers preferred.
• Knowledge of USDA child care food program preferred.
*medical or religious exemption may be possible
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Direct the development and operations of the child care program(s) in the assigned locations as directed meeting the needs of our diverse community. Fulfill all responsibilities of all childcare positions while working in program ratio as needed or assigned. Ensure a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Manage, direct, coordinate and ensure high quality child care program(s) through innovative program development and evaluation for assigned location(s)
• Expand and establish new program activities within the community in accordance with strategic and operation plans
• Compliance with state and local regulations in addition to YMCA standards and procedures
• Train, evaluate and supervise assigned staff and volunteers, including ensuring required are completed
• Assist with hiring as directed
• Assist with budget development and manage and control department expenses
• Ensure compliance with state and local regulations in addition to YMCA program standards and procedures
• Provide for upkeep of assigned program facilities, equipment and ensure all safety standards are met
• Maintain relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs
• Provide staff leadership for annual campaign, committees and activities as assigned
• Maintain proper records, statistics and department files
• Assist with parent communication and volunteer development through the organization of special events and attendance at Program Committee Meetings
• Ensure sufficient marketing and distribution of program information and materials that meet YMCA standards
• Perform other duties as assigned
• The ability to perform Lead Teacher duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
*$250 Bonus paid if start work prior to January 30 and once you work 90+ days.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
425 379 9400
Apply online via link below.Apply Now