|ECE Child Care Lead Pre-K Teacher|
|Heatherwood Early Child Center|
|$14.13-$15.90 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, must be available for shifts between 8am-6pm|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18, 21 preferred.
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by Department of Child Youth and Families (DCYF). Including ECE college certificates / coursework at hire or within 5 years of position or as designated by the DCYF
• Provide documentation of all certification and training requirements established by DCYF, including position prerequisites, current negative TB test, MMR vaccination or proof of immunity, and portable background check
• Plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Fluency in second language preferred
• Early Achievers knowledge preferred
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Provide direction for the Pre-K program and staff, and implement program curriculum in a safe, enjoyable, positive and inclusive environment.
• Plan and Implement daily lesson and activity plans
• Supervise all children and activities within program area, often independently
• Manage a classroom of up to 20 children including maintain a daily schedule, responding to individual needs and creating a positive climate.
• Regularly observes, schedules and completes evaluations for each child
• Maintain communication with parents, conduct regularly scheduled parent conferences, and engage parents as volunteers
• Maintain materials, equipment, and program facility
• Maintain required program records
• Diapering and toilet training including assisting children in changing out of soiled clothing.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
425 379 9400
Apply online via link below.Apply Now