|ECE Child Care Assistant Teacher with $250 Bonus!*|
|Heatherwood Early Child Center|
|$13.69-$14.25 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday; Hours vary, must be available from 6:30am-6:45pm; 25-30 hours per week|
Education & Experience
Provide direct supervision of a group of children in a safe, enjoyable, positive and inclusive environment.
• Minimum age 21
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by Dept of Early Learning (DEL)
• Provide document of all certification and training requirements established by DEL, including position prerequisites, current negative TB test, and portable background check
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
We are a drug & alcohol-free workplace; all job offers are contingent on the results of a background check and drug screening, including screening for marijuana.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
• Supervise all children and activities within the program area
• Implement daily lesson and activity plans
• Comply with state and local regulations as well as YMCA standards and procedures
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Attend and participate in family events, program activities, and staff meetings as directed
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Maintain positive relations with participants, parents and other staff
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Embrace Leader Core Competencies:
• Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values
• Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs
• Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them
• Supports fundraising
• Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinion, and perceptions
• Builds rapport and relates well to others
• Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations
• Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively
• Takes initiative to assist in developing others
• Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another
• Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience
• Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings
• Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately
• Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members
• Pursues self-development that enhances job performance
• Demonstrates an openness to change and seeks opportunities in the change process
• Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-the-date knowledge and skills in technology
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• Free individual YMCA membership (up to a value of $68/month) for all staff; and free upgraded family or couples membership after 2 years of continuous employment.
• Free training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
*$250 Bonus paid if start work prior to September 30 and once you work 90+ days.
425 379 9400
Submit application via link below.Apply Now