|Youth & Teen|
|$21.00-$23.63 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Evenings, shifts vary; 4 hours/week|
|Preferred Start Date: May 2, 2022|
Education & Experience
• Experience teaching dance classes to a variety of age groups/youth, such as ballet, hip hop, jazz, etc
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Certification / education / degree in areas of expertise, if applicable
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Instruct group dance classes; provide quality service to our diverse participants in a safe, enjoyable, positive and culturally appropriate environment that promotes wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Lead classes as directed
• Conduct energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes
• Provide quality customer service to our diverse participants, contributing to member retention
• Knowledge of trends to provide effective information and support to participants
• Familiar and promotes all YMCA programs and events
• Keep accurate class attendance records
• Follow YMCA policies, practices and procedures; respond to emergency situations
• Other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE YMCA family membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
• Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
425 312 6929
Apply online via link below.Apply Now