|Community Campaign Director|
|$65,000-$70,000 per year/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|January 25, 2021|
Education & Experience
This position will develop and lead multiple community-based fundraising campaigns in support of the YMCA of Snohomish County’s mission and strategic plan. The Community Campaign Director will leverage current YMCA strengths to include relationship-based fundraising, board and volunteer commitment, branch staff leadership and centralized Marketing, Communications and Office of Financial Development resources. The Community Campaign Director will work to expand YMCA opportunities to share program impact and inspire contributions through use of direct mail, digital platforms, on-line fundraising and other campaign tools as appropriate.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, financial development, communication, public relations, or equivalent.
• Five or more years of successful financial development or senior program level experience in a non-profit organization with an emphasis on annual campaigns, volunteer development, advocacy and donor cultivation.
• Three or more years of successful experience managing and supporting community leaders, volunteer and donors.
• Demonstrated ability to foster a culture of philanthropy within an organization.
• Ability to exercise effective judgment and resourcefulness in setting priorities.
• Demonstrated skills and abilities to challenge traditional thinking and generate possible new approaches in a manner that is constructive and value-adding.
• Direct experience in relationship building internal and external to an organization with volunteers, senior level community leaders and staff.
• Direct experience working with diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc.).
• Strong and engaging verbal and written communication skills
• Strong, results-oriented collaboration, project management and organizational skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities with attention to quality and timeliness.
• Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule consistent with the demands and needs of an executive team, volunteers, community leaders, and related special events.
• Successful financial development experience with high growth and/or extensive program expansion.
• Ability to speak any language in addition to English preferred.
• Lead the YMCA of Snohomish County’s Annual Campaign; a compilation of 8 branch and board-based, volunteer driven, community forward campaigns currently raising $1.6M annually through 2,500 donations.
• Reinvigorate the Campership campaign to support program expansion and equity of access to YMCA summer camp programming
• Design and execute additional fundraising campaigns on an annualized basis to support program needs as prioritized in the organization’s Strategic Plan
• Campaign Elements requiring experience and expertise:
o Campaign case development and articulation to various constituent groups
o Goal setting
o Staff and volunteer training
o Donor identification, engagement, solicitation and recognition
o Community engagement
o Collateral strategy and develop, with support of Marketing/Communications; brochures, talking points, PR, videos, in-facility signage, etc.
o Develops, analyzes and reports on key financial development measures and metrics in partnership with Manager, Donor Services.
• Create opportunities that engage various constituent groups in the mission and impact of the YMCA and BBBS (members, potential members, donors, and volunteers).
• Co-create a comprehensive social media strategy to elevate YMCA and BBBS profile in the community to inspire increased donations and volunteer engagement.
• Develop and implement a member-to-donor giving strategy through collaboration with branch leadership staff.
• Lead integrated communication efforts that produce campaign readiness for Association’s various audience segments.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
Embrace Multi-Team Leader Core Competencies:
• Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community
• Effectively communicates the benefits and impact of the Ys efforts for all stakeholders
• Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels
• Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors
• Develops strategies to ensure staff and volunteers reflect the community
• Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y
• Serves as a community leader building collaborations based on trust and credibility to advance the Y’s mission and goals
• Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals
• Provides tools and resources for the development of others
• Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions
• Involves members and community in the development of programs and activities
• Ensures execution of plans
• Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies, and financial controls
• Assigns clear accountability and ensures continuous improvement
• Fosters a learning environment embracing diverse abilities and approaches
• Creates a sense of urgency and positive tension to support change
• Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology
Physical and Mental Demands: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• Mental Demands: While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex problems; may use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with members, staff, volunteers, and others encountered in the course of work, some of whom may be dissatisfied individuals.
Occasional local travel within the state of Washington. Minimal out of state travel may be required for educational conferences or training.
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Typically interaction with others is busy, constant and occasionally interruptive. Work may be demanding at times. May require ability to work irregular hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits of working for the Y
* Free YMCA Family Membership
* 20% off youth programs
* 50% off child care, up to $5,000 per year
* 12% of your earned annual salary is contributed by the YMCA into your retirement fund after 2 years of service, EVERY YEAR!
* Medical and Dental after 60 days!
* Free job-related training, including continuing education
* Opportunities for career development and advancement
Jennifer Willows, SVP & Chief Development Officer
425 374 5745
Submit employment application via link below.
Please email Resume, Cover Letter, and three Professional References to:
SVP & Chief Development Officer
with 'Community Campaign Director' in the subject line.
*Please note that we will be accepting resumes until 1/25/2021, at which time we will be closing the position, and reviewing resumes. Those whose experience and qualifications best match the position, will be contacted for interviews between 1/25/2021 – 1/29/2021. We wish you the best of luck and we can’t wait to speak with you!
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!