Days & Hours:
|Mornings, Monday through Friday, 20-25 hours per week|
Education & Experience
Minimum age 18
Previous experience working with children
Meet educational and experience qualifications established by DEL
Provide documentation of current negative TB test
First Aid, CPR PRO, AED and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire. We provide your training!
Work effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions
Provide direct supervision of a group of children. Provide a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: Honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
· Provide safe supervision of a group of children
· Implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values
· Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
· Attend staff meetings and trainings
· Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
· Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff
· Completion of YMCA specific training/certifications as directed
As directed, lead and participate in a range of activities in indoor/outdoor settings. Staff may occasionally lift children who weigh approximately 50 pounds. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise program activities. May be required to push or pull large rolling cabinets along linoleum floors with the help of another person on a daily basis, may be required to roll and set up cafeteria tables, may be expected to lift 22 gallon storage boxes.
To Apply, Submit Cover Letter, Application, and Resume with three professional references to:
School Age Care Director