|Child Watch/Adventure Zone Assistant|
|$13.50 per hour, DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday through Fridays, 9am-1pm and Saturdays, 8am-Noon; up to 25 hours per week|
|Open until filled|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 16 years old
• Fluency in second language is desired
• Ability to plan and initiate culturally relevant and age appropriate games and activities
• Provide direct supervision of a group of diverse children
• Provide a quality, safe, positive and inclusive experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring
• Supervise a group of children to ensure their health, safety and to provide a positive experience for each child
• Implement program activities that are age and developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values
• Adhere to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Professionally engage with parents/guardians to provide pertinent information about their child’s experience and to promote upcoming programs
• Perform other duties as assigned
As directed, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of settings. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise program activities. Staff may occasionally lift children who weigh approximately 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To Apply, please use the, "Apply Now," button below. Then email your cover letter and resume with three professional references to:
Child Watch/Adventure Zone Coordinator
Please note: “Child Watch/Adventure Zone Assistant” in the Subject line of your email.
No phone calls, please.