|Child Care Registrar/School-Age Site Coordinator with $250 Bonus!|
|$17.50-$20.00 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday during School-Age Child Care hours (6:30am-6:30pm, shifts TBD), 8 hours/day; 40 hours/week|
|Preferred Start Date: October 16, 2021|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 21
• Two or more years’ experience working with children in a developmentally appropriate group setting.
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by DCYF (Dept of Children, Youth and Families
o Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
o Complete thirty college credits in any one hundred-level or above college coursework or equivalent;
o Have completed at least twelve college credits in any one hundred-level or above college coursework or equivalent AND complete an additional eighteen college credits in any one hundred-level or above coursework or equivalent within five years of employment
• Provide document of all certification and training requirements established by DCYF, including position prerequisites, fully vaccinated for COVID-19/MMR/other required vaccinations*, current negative TB test, and portable background check
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
*medical or religious exemptions may be possible
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
• Plan, organize and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming
• Strong computer and typing skills and demonstrated ability to utilize standard office software
experience, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Strong professional written and verbal communication skills, detail oriented
• Be able to work independently; have excellent organizational, time management and decision making skills; and the flexibility to change priorities as required
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including positive interaction with staff and community leaders
• Be able to speak, write, and understand English clearly and concisely; and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
• Fluency in second language desired
Child Care Registrar:
School Age Care and Summer Camp Registrar. Assist parents/guardians with all aspects of registration, waitlist, and financial assistance processes for child care and summer camp. Ensure all active participants have all necessary forms. Maintain accurate rosters of active and waitlist participants for each program location. Responsible for computer input, payment reminders, parent/guardian communications, program staff communication, DCYF compliance for participation paperwork, filing, photo-copying, correspondence, preparation of reports and other general office support functions.
• Responsible for maintaining computer data base to ensure accurate and current information
• Manage child care registration, wait list, billing, and child care financial assistance inquiries and paperwork
• Manage Camp paperwork, scanning, refunds, change forms, and other administrative duties
• Collect and report on child care and camp statistics
• Responsible for School Age and Summer Camp program support and general administrative duties.
• Responsible for editing monthly attendance in School Care Works for proper DCYF and DCFS reporting and billing.
• Provide backup support for positions within office
• Provide back up support for child care and camp billing office
• Prepare monthly and weekly reports
• Maintain filing system
• Other duties as assigned
School-Age Site Coordinator:
Directs the operations of the child care program in assigned location(s). Create a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Ensure compliance with state and local regulations in addition to YMCA standards and procedures
• Train, evaluate and supervise assigned staff and volunteers, including ensuring required are completed
• Coordinate with the program director to develop, prepare, and implement daily lesson and activity plans within the YMCA of Snohomish County and DEL guidelines
• Supervision of all children and related program area activities
• Regularly observes, schedules and completes evaluations for each child
• Maintain communication with parents, conduct regularly scheduled parent conferences, and engage parents as volunteers
• Maintain materials, equipment, and program facility
• Maintain required program records
• Performs other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
*$250 Bonus paid if start work prior to December 31 and once you work 90+ days.
360 651 1610
Apply online via link below.Apply Now