|Seasonal - Camp runs June 21-September 2 (trainings start before camp)|
|$19.50-$22.00 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, up to 40 hours per week, shifts/hours will vary between 6:30am-6:30pm|
|Preferred Start Date: June 1, 2022|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 21
• Prior camp or child care experience preferred
• Meet educational and experience qualifications established by DCYF (if licensed program)
• Plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
• Fluency in second language desired
• fully vaccinated for COVID-19*
*medical or religious exemptions may be possible
Why the Y?
Out-going, authentic, passionate, and inspiring? Raise your hand if that’s you! The YMCA is hiring staff with all the above, plus imagine the lives you will impact in the process.
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
YMCA Camps provide youth the opportunity to learn new skills, gain an appreciation for the outdoors, and explore the Puget Sound area, while experiencing achievement, relationships, and belonging. Camp Supervisors provide direction for the program and staff, develop and implement curriculum, and ensure a quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring. Create a safe, positive and inclusive environment that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
• Coordinate with the program director to develop, prepare, and implement weekly themes and daily program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values in order to meet the intended camper outcomes
• Active supervision of all children and related program area activities
• Provide supervision for campers while campers are transported to and from camp or during scheduled field trips off of camp property
• Must be on the premises for the majority of hours that care is provided each day - If absent from the program, the Camp Supervisor must leave a competent, designated staff person in charge who meets the qualifications of a Supervisor
• Be a positive role model to campers and staff in your attitude and actions
• Role model Y core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring
• Hire, train, evaluate and supervise assigned staff and volunteers, including ensuring required training sand certifications are completed
• Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff
• Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their campers to have a successful camp experience
• Maintain materials, equipment, and program facility in accordance with YMCA standards and host expectations
• Maintain required program records
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Abilities to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
• Ensure compliance with state and local regulations in addition to YMCA standards and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
360 651 1603
Apply online via link below.Apply Now