|Big Brothers Big Sisters Case Manager & Y Liaison|
|Big Brothers Big Sisters|
|$15.55-$17.49 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, some evenings and weekends required|
Education & Experience
• Previous experience with youth of diverse backgrounds preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in social services, psychology, or a related field
• Must be able to work well with other staff and deal with people tactfully
• Strong organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy are required at all times
• Confidentiality agreement required, able to deal with sensitive material with proper discretion
• Experience with standard business software and office equipment; computer literacy required
• Able to effectively manage time and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Flexible work hours; some nights and weekends may be required
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Fluency in second language preferred
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Work as the liaison between Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) and the Y branches to ensure visibility and increased awareness of BBBS within the Y network. Recruit volunteer mentors and make and support matches to meet branch goals for children served. Contact matches on scheduled basis to make sure they are in compliance with Agency and National Standards. Problem-solve as needed and offer support and encouragement to all match parties.
• Work seamlessly with designated YMCA staff to recruit volunteer mentors and to ensure that marketing and brand awareness efforts are relevant and up-to-date at all times
• Act as the liaison between BBBS and the Y branches for volunteer recruitment and marketing campaigns
• Represent BBBS in Y branches with volunteers, members, staff, and families
• Complete parent/guardian/child and volunteer orientation, interviews, and assessments
• Provide child/parent safety training
• Provide pre-match training and on-going volunteer training
• Create culturally appropriate matches between adult volunteer and child
• Maintain phone contact with match participants in compliance with Agency and National Standards
• Conduct annual evaluations with match participants in compliance with Agency and National Standards
• Provide support to maintain and enhance match quality by fostering communication, clarifying expectations and problem resolution
• Creates Youth Outcome Development Plans for all youth once matched with a mentor
• Maintain accurate documentation of all contacts for case files
• Participate in all mandatory match activities and program events
• Attend community meetings, staff meetings and trainings
• Other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• Free family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• Free training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
425 252 6522
Submit application via link below.
Next, email cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Executive Director, BBBS of Snohomish County
with "BBBS Case Manager/Y Liaison" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.