|BBBS Case Manager|
|Big Brothers Big Sisters|
|$18.50-$20.88 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, 9/9:30am-5/5:30pm; some weekends as needed for training or events|
|Open Until Filled|
Education & Experience
• Previous experience with youth of diverse backgrounds preferred
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in social services, psychology, or a related field
• Must be able to work well with other staff and deal with people tactfully
• Strong organizational skills and a high degree of accuracy are required at all times
• Confidentiality agreement required, able to deal with sensitive material with proper discretion
• Experience with standard business software and office equipment
• Able to effectively manage time and handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Flexible work hours; some nights and weekends may be required
• Computer literacy required
• Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
• Fluency in second language preferred
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
Create and support successful matches between adult volunteers and children. Contact matches on scheduled basis to make sure they are in compliance with Agency and National Standards. Problem-solve as needed and offer support and encouragement to all match parties.
• Completes parent/guardian/child and volunteer orientation, interviews, and assessments
• Works with school personnel and other community agencies involved with the BBBS programs
• Provides child/parent safety training
• Provides pre-match training and on-going volunteer training
• Creates culturally appropriate matches between adult volunteer and child
• Maintain phone contact with match participants in compliance with Agency and National Standards
• Conduct annual evaluations with match participants in compliance with Agency and National Standards
• Provide support to maintain and enhance match quality by fostering communication, clarifying expectations and problem resolution
• Creates Youth Outcome Development Plans for all youth once matched with a mentor
• Maintain accurate documentation of all contacts for case files
• Disseminate to match participants information regarding agency activities, tickets, newsletter, and donations
• Participate in all mandatory match activities and program events
• Attend community meetings, staff meetings and trainings
• Other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
Alyne Van Winkle
Apply online via link below.Apply Now