|Aquatics Program Coordinator|
|$15.55-$19.00 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Must be available for a flexible schedule that includes early mornings, evenings, & weekends as needed|
Education & Experience
· Minimum age 21
· Current First Aid, CPRPRO (BLS), AED and O2 certifications, trainer instructor, preferred
· Current YMCA Lifeguard or RLSS, CRC, ARC Lifeguard, preferred
· Lifeguard trainer or swim instructor trainer, preferred
· Competitive swim experience, preferred
· Prior program or staff supervision experience
· Experience working with individuals, families and communities of diverse backgrounds and abilities
· Fluency in Spanish or other second language desired
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
· High energy, self-motivated individual that is a team player
· Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities
· Strong computer skills and experience with standard business software
· Strong professional written and verbal communication skills
· Current Lifeguard & Swim Instructor certifications and ability to become certified to train lifeguards across all branches
Develop, organize and implement high quality YMCA aquatic programs. Working in program ratio as needed, creating a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes participant safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures.
· Direct and supervise program activities to meet YMCA objectives
· Establish new program activities and expand program within our diverse community in accordance with strategic and operating plans, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations
· Promote a diverse workforce; recruit, hire, train, develop, schedule and direct personnel and volunteers as needed
· Review and evaluate staff performance, develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals
· Ensure records of staff certifications are current and complete
· Monitor daily pool operations to adhere to all state, local and YMCA health and safety regulations
· Conduct and ensure proper maintenance of pools
· Secure and schedule pool facilities
· Maintain accurate records of pool chemical levels; promptly report any anomalies in chemical levels or needed natatorium maintenance to the correct channels
· Conduct lifeguarding, swim instructor, First Aid, CPRFPR, AED and O2 trainings
· Assist in the creation of the aquatic center's activity schedule
· Assist in the marketing and distribution of program information
· Respond to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner
· May organize events and/or represent the YMCA at community events
· Compile program statistics
· Monitor and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program
· Other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
· Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
· Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
· Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
· Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership (value of $119/month) for full-time staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
425 258 9211
Submit application online via link below.
Email cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Branch Executive Director, Everett Family YMCA
with 'Aquatics Coordinator-Everett' in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.