|Aquatic Lead with $250 Bonus!*|
|$14.49-$19.75 per hour/DOE|
Days & Hours:
|Must be available for a flexible schedule that may include evenings and/or weekends; 40 hours/week|
|Open until Filled; Preferred Start Date: January 24, 2022|
Education & Experience
• Minimum age 18
• Must demonstrate lifeguard and swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards
• At least one year teaching learn-to-swim lessons and running lesson administration, strongly preferred
• Current First Aid, CPRPRO (BLS), AED and O2 certifications required
• Current YMCA Lifeguard or RLSS, CRC, ARC Lifeguard required
• Current YMCA Swim Instructor V6 certification preferred
• Fluency in second language desired
Why the Y?
Our staff members are individuals who work hard, serve others, and care deeply about the community. We make a difference. Our work environments are diverse and full of opportunities to impact others. If this is your calling, join us – we could use someone like you!
• Ability to pass lifeguard water test
• Must be able to remain alert
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods
• Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals
• Ability to continuously scan all areas of the pool with clear vision
• Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue
• Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations
• Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques
• Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child (50 pounds)
• Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness
• Basic computer knowledge and skills
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Create a safe, positive and inclusive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies, practices and procedures. Maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Provide direct leadership, instruction and motivation for participants in a culturally sensitive way for swimming classes/programs. Lead aquatic activities and/or private lessons, providing excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment. Provide direction for the program and staff. Create staff schedules and provide department administrative support as needed.
• Assist in onboarding new staff
• Create staff schedules and department administrative support
• Maintain constant surveillance of the pool area
• Know, review, and follow all emergency procedures and respond to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures, complete related reports as required
• Develop and maintain positive effective relationships with our diverse members, participants and other staff
• Know, understand, and consistently apply safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool/aquatic area
• Maintain accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code
• Perform equipment checks and ensure appropriate equipment is available as needed
• Check the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving
• Perform chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and take appropriate action
• Other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Complete required training and certifications within established guidelines
• Arrive on time ready for shift, clock in/out within timekeeping system
Benefits of working for the Y
Our benefits are AMAZING!
• FREE family YMCA membership for all staff
• FREE training offered for all positions & get paid while you train for your job!
• 50% off licensed child care for full-time staff
• 20% off programs and services for all staff
• Competitive benefits package for full-time staff including: Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance
• Paid time off (available after 90 days) and 8 paid holidays for full-time staff
• Retirement paid at 12% annual compensation after 2 years of service (minimum 1,000 hours worked in each year)
• Cheery, dynamic cause-driven work environment, like no other!
• Flexible work schedules and a family-friendly environment.
Little to no experience required for most positions—let us train you!
* $250 Bonus paid if you start work on or before January 31 and once you work 90+ days.
Our Commitment to Inclusion:
The Y is made up of people of all ages and from every walk of life, working side by side to strengthen communities. Together we work to ensure that everyone, regardless of ability, age, cultural background, ethnicity, faith, gender, gender identity, ideology, income, national origin, race or sexual orientation, has the opportunity to reach their full potential with dignity. Our core values are caring, honesty, respect and responsibility—they guide everything we do.
We look forward to having you on our YMCA team!
*The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization!
360 572 3405
Apply online via link below.Apply Now