US… IS EMPOWERING
My Y Story: Suzanne
My journey with Parkinson’s began with diagnosis in 2010. Parkinson’s disease is a progressive, degenerative, neurological disease with no cure. I took the prescribed medications and for five years I felt like I was a passenger, going along for the Parkinson’s ride. In 2015 everything changed. My symptoms were stronger and medications no longer provided relief. It was a wake-up call that showed me how strong my opponent was. I could not afford to be a passenger any longer. I needed to become my own advocate in fighting this disease.
In May 2017 the Marysville YMCA launched a Pedaling for Parkinson’s class. Understanding that many people with Parkinson’s cannot afford the additional expense of classes, they provide the class at no cost to participants.
The Pedaling for Parkinson’s class provides a place of community where we can share our ups and downs with those who truly understand what we are experiencing. Together we become stronger in spirit, mind, and body.
When you donate to the Y, you make our communities better and the “us” who live in them stronger.
All kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve, under the guidance of caring adults who believe in their potential. We see every interaction with young people as an opportunity for learning and development—all grounded in the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and
We help people and families build and maintain healthy habits for spirit, mind and body in their everyday lives. By helping kids, adults, families and seniors from all walks of life improve their health and well-being, we build a stronger community.
With our doors open to all, we bring together people from all backgrounds, to support those in need. We take on the most urgent needs in our community and inspire a spirit of service in return. Our members, volunteers, supporters and staff demonstrate the power of what we can achieve by giving back
Every day, the Y strengthens communities and helps the “us” who live in them achieve our individual and collective promise.
We can’t do it alone.
- Thursday, January 25, 5-6:30 pm | Recruiting Volunteers for Campaign
- Tuesday, February 6, 5-6:30 pm | Telling the Y Story of Campaign to All
- Friday, February 16, 1:30-3 pm | The Y Cause and Asking for Campaign Donations
Annual Campaign Events
- Friday February 2, 5:30-7:30 pm | Tae Kwon Do Kick-A-Thon
- Saturday, February 10, 5:30-7:30 pm | Annual Campaign Kickoff
- Tuesday, February 27, 6-7 pm | Community Connection Check-In Rally
- Saturday, March 10, Noon-2 pm | Swim for Community
- Wednesday, March 14, Noon-1 pm | Water Walk
- Friday, March 16, 4:30-7 pm | “Be Our Guest” Family Move-A-Thon and Silent Auction
- Thursday, March 22, 5-8 pm | Victory Celebration
- Thursday March 24, 9 am-3 pm | Pedal-A-Thon
- Thursday, March 29 , 5:30-7:30 | Draggin’ Dumbbells
- Saturday, April 7, 6-9 pm | Senior Prom
- Saturday, May 12, Evening | Chicks for Charity