|Sports Camp Lead|
|Monroe/Sky Valley YMCA|
Days & Hours:
|M-F approx 8:30-4:30|
Seasonal, Hours will be approximately 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday during camps.
There are 6 sports camps over the summer starting July 9th and ending August 17th
• Minimum age 18
• Experience with and ability to plan, organize, and implement high quality developmentally appropriate programming in one or more of the following areas: outdoor living, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
YMCA Camps provide youth the opportunity to learn new skills, gain an appreciation for the outdoors, and explore the Puget Sound area, while experiencing achievement, relationships, and belonging. Camp Leads provide direct supervision of a group of diverse children in a seasonal day camp, support and lead camp counselors during off site trips and in implementing curriculum, and ensure a safe, quality experience to children and parents focused on YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring, through leading and participating in activities, games, and implementing camp curriculum.
• Plan and implement camp activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values in order to meet the intended child outcomes
• Be a positive role model to children and staff in your attitude and actions
• Actively supervise a group of children
• Provide supervision for campers while campers are transported to and from camp or during scheduled field trips off of camp property
• Interact and engage with children in an age and developmentally appropriate manner, and use positive behavior guidance techniques
• Assist in leading camp staff in supervision and safety of campers and filed trip logistics
• Actively participate in all aspects of Summer Camp
• Maintain positive relations with parents and other staff
• Provide parents appropriate feedback and information as needed for their children to have a successful camp experience
• Maintain materials, equipment, and program facility in accordance with YMCA standards and host expectations
• Maintain required program records
• Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies
• Comply with state and local regulations as well as YMCA standards and procedures
• Perform other duties as assigned
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Build relationships with a diverse membership base in culturally responsive ways, connect members with one another and to the YMCA
• Exhibit Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
360 805 1879